Diamond C Ranch – Price Reduced!Melstone, MT
- Farms / Ranches
- Acres: 21,985
Diamond C Ranch
The Diamond C Ranch is located 5 miles out of the old west town of Melstone, Montana. Melstone is 85 miles northeast of Montana’s largest city of Billings, Montana. The ranch lies uniquely in the diversified rolling hills along the banks of the Mussellshell River.
Deeded – 18,650+/- acres
State Lease – 2,615 +/- acres
BLM – 400 +/- acres
Private Lease – 320 +/- acres
Total Ranch 21,985 +/- acres
Breakdown of the Deeded land use
Dryland hay (alfalfa/grass mix) – 943.29 +/- acres
Seeded forage crop – 1,970.98 +/- acres
Alfalfa/Grass 2022 seeding – 659.05 +/- acres
Summer Fallow – 1,410.00 +/- acres
Irrigated – 69.00 +/- acres
Native grass/headquarters -13,597.68 +/- acres
There are 70 acres of Musselshell River water rights and 50 shares of Delphia Ditch. In addition, the ranch currently maintains water rights on 8 dams, 5 wells (1 artesian well, 2 wells are Cat Creek 30 gpm and 2 other wells are Cat Creek 5gpm), 6 springs and 1 creek. The ranch also has 4 seasonal creeks, 26 reservoirs, 12 miles of pipeline with 17 water tanks.
The owner of this property has made extensive efforts to improve the water sources and disbursement of livestock water on the ranch. In 2021 the owners purchased an artisan well from the oil company that is from the Madison formation supplying ample warm water for the ranch. This has made a tremendous benefit for summer and winter water supply. The ranch has Musselshell River frontage and bottomland. This makes excellent habitat, winter production and hay production.
- Home #1 : 3,900 sq ft home with cathedral ceilings, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, fireplace and daylight basement.
- Home #2 – Bunk house: Split entry, 5 bedroom, 2 bathrooms with detached garage
- Both houses have fiber optic lines into them and there is fiber optic lines along 6 miles of the ranch that borders Highway 12.
- Heated 40’ X 60’ Shop with a one-bedroom apartment, 2 bathrooms and an office
- 40’ X 60’ horse barn with eight stalls and two tack rooms.
- 70’ X 200’ indoor arena with office and corral system. The corral system includes silencer hydraulic squeeze chute with double lead up alley, nice load out chute. It is very well maintained with the ability to work up to 1,500 head of cattle a day.
- Outside cattle facilities with alleys several sorting pens and 4 large steel pipe pens.
- 36’ X 60’ Machinery storage shed
- 24’ X 60’ Loafing shed
- 46’ X 66’ heated airplane hanger
This is a true cattle ranch with benefits. Historically the ranch has being running 800 head of cow/calf pairs. In the last 10 years, the owners have engaged in an extensive range improvement program by planting highly productive grass-alfalfa mixes and forage crops on approximately 5,000 acres allowing them to triple production on those acres.
The ranch hosts a variety of wildlife including elk, whitetail and mule deer, antelope, pheasants, and wild turkeys.
This is a modern western ranch. It not only has open grazing, tilled hay base and feed production. The ranch features a solid set of improvements, good location, wildlife, and river frontage. The terrain provides good winter protection and is fenced for pasture rotation. So put on your spurs, saddle up your horse and go run a real Montana ranch.
$22,000,000.00 Cash. Make your appointment to view the ranch TODAY!! Price Reduced to $19,450,000.00